Hi, my name is Liz and I am a writer, an avid traveler, photographer and mother of two daughters. I also have a confession to make. I am a Keto Cheat! Find out how I managed to get all the benefits of being on Keto without being on Keto.
Research and studies have shown that Keto (or a keto diet or ketogenic diet) has many benefits including
- Losing Weight through Fat Burning and Natural Diet Suppression
- Reducing Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Greater Focus, Mental Clarity and Less Migraines
- Preventing Heart Disease
- Reducing Inflammation
- Improving Energy Levels and Sleep
- Gaining Muscle and Improving Endurance
- Reducing Acne
So, how is it possible to get your body into ketosis and get the benefits of a keto diet without doing a keto diet?
This is the very question that we will explore and answer right now.
WHAT IS KETO?
Keto or the Ketogenic diet is a very low-carb, low sugar and high fat diet plan that was originally designed in the 1920s for patients with epilepsy by researchers working at Johns Hopkins Medical Center. However, its roots can be dated back as far as the mid-19th century from a booklet written by William Banting. Entitled, “The Letter on Corpulence, Addressed to the Public”, it contained the particular plan for the diet he followed. (Check out the text of the book HERE.)
The Science Behind the Keto Diet
Our bodies normally run on glucose (or sugar) for energy. We cannot make glucose and only have about 24 hours’ worth stored in our muscle tissue and liver. Once glucose is no longer available from food sources, we begin to burn stored fat instead, or fat from our diets.
By reducing sugar and carbohydrate foods in one’s diet, the amount of glucose is reduced in your body, forcing your body to start to burn fat and produce ketones instead. Ketones are three water-soluble molecules (acetoacetate, beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB), and their spontaneous breakdown product, acetone) that are produced by the liver from fatty acids.
Once ketone levels in the blood rise to a certain point, you enter into a fat-burning metabolic state of ketosis.
The goal of a Keto diet is to keep the body in this state of ketosis which provides many benefits such as weight loss, reducing the risk for Type 2 diabetes, increasing mental clarity, reducing heart disease, improving energy and getting better sleep.
Read the details of some key benefits of Keto, Ketones and Ketosis HERE.
The goal of a Keto diet is to keep the body in a fat-burning metabolic state of ketosis.
HOW DO YOU DO KETO?
On a standard keto diet, fats typically provide about 70 percent to 80 percent of total daily calories, protein about 15 percent to 20 percent, and carbohydrates just around 5 percent. That means consuming less than 100 grams of bread, pasta, rice or noodles a day! And little to no sugar.
Here is an idea of foods that you can and cannot eat on a Keto diet.
Food that you should not eat:
- Sugary foods: Soda, fruit juice, smoothies, cake, ice cream, candy, etc.
- Grains or starches: Wheat-based products, rice, pasta, cereal, etc.
- Fruit: All fruit, except small portions of berries like strawberries.
- Beans or legumes: Peas, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- Root vegetables and tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.
- Low-fat or diet products: These are highly processed and often high in carbs.
- Some condiments or sauces: These often contain sugar and unhealthy fat.
- Unhealthy fat: Limit your intake of processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise, etc.
- Alcohol: Due to its carb content, many alcoholic beverages can throw you out of ketosis.
- Sugar-free diet foods: These are often high in sugar alcohols, which can affect ketone levels in some cases. These foods also tend to be highly processed.
Bad foods for Keto
Food that you should eat:
- Meat: Red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken and turkey.
- Fatty fish: Such as salmon, trout, tuna and mackerel.
- Eggs: Look for pastured or omega-3 whole eggs.
- Butter and cream: Look for grass-fed when possible.
- Cheese: Unprocessed cheese (cheddar, goat, cream, blue or mozzarella).
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, etc.
- Healthy oils: Primarily extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and avocado oil.
- Avocados: Whole avocados or freshly made guacamole.
- Low-carb veggies: Most green veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- Condiments: You can use salt, pepper and various healthy herbs and spices.
Good foods for Keto
IF KETO IS SO GREAT, WHY ISN’T EVERYONE ON A KETO DIET?
The simple reality is; it is very difficult to keep on a Keto diet as life can become miserable. Most people cannot naturally sustain a strict Keto diet unless it is someone like a high-level athlete who is motivated by professional goals.
Just try it for yourself. See if you can go without any of your favourite foods for long.
IS THERE ANY WAY TO CHEAT ON KETO?
Believe it or not, it is now possible to get your body into ketosis WITHOUT having to go on a strict Keto diet or working out like a crazy woman… or man. You can get all the benefits of a Keto diet simply by consuming a Keto cheat!
Keto body without working out?
How is this possible?
The Keto cheat is possible by introducing ketones directly into the body through exogenous ketone supplements. This “bio-hacks” your body into ketosis.
Dr. Dominic D’Agostino, PhD, assistant professor at the University of South Florida College of Medicine, is at the forefront of ketone research and is also responsible for developing the technology in exogenous ketone supplements.
He has conducted research for the US Navy Seals (Department of Defense, Office of Naval Research grant number: N00014-13-1-0062) and is involved with ongoing research with NASA. How cool is that?! (See validated research notes HERE).
Keto research for the US Navy Seals and by NASA!
CAN I BUY THIS KETO CHEAT?
Dallas, Texas-based nutrition company, Prüvit Ventures, sub-licensed Dr. Dominic D’Agostino’s patented technology (US Patent Number: WO 2014153416 A1) and used it to develop KETO//OS® or KETO Operating System, the world’s first consumer-based ketone supplement drink.
What makes KETO//OS better than any other ketone supplement is that besides being the first to the market, no other ketone supplement has as much research put into it. This is what lead to a new, more powerful formula, the KETO//OS MAX. In addition, KETO//OS MAX has the endorsement and support from top nutrition experts, researchers and every day users.
For in-depth research and studies on KETO//OS, click HERE.
WHERE DO I BUY THIS KETO CHEAT?
At this point in time, there are only a handful of online Prüvit distributors, but you can buy this Keto cheat from the official Prüvit site directly by clicking the link below.
There are different versions of KETO//OS that vary with flavour, strength and caffeine/ caffeine-free to cater to different personal preferences and needs.
Click here for a discussion and review of the different flavours available for the Keto cheat as well as answers to some questions you might have.
Order HERE or click the image below,
HOW TO “CHEAT” AND GET FREE KETO
As a customer, you will create an account with Prüvit which will give you a unique referral code. If you get two friends to use your referral code to become customers of Prüvit and they choose to be on a monthly subscription plan (Smartship), you can get your Keto cheat FREE FOR LIFE!
Find out more on How to Get KETO//OS Free for Life
HOW TO MAKE MONEY WITH THIS KETO CHEAT?
If you have an entrepreneurial mind or are looking to make instant cash, passive income and residual income, follow the link to find out how you can make over US$1000 in 30 days.
This opportunity is available for both part-time and full-time income generators.
Find out the details HERE.